Saturday, January 15, 2011

War of Worst Cheese Cake: Starbuck VS Honey Bakery!

2 years ago, I had a very very bad experience with Starbuck's food. Not their beverage, their drinks are great, but their food is horrible! I've boycott Starbuck's food for over 2 years until recently. Some friends giving me some good review on their cheese cakes. It was questionable! I still remember 2 years ago I wrote a comment for Starbuck about "having some great coffee but extremely horrible taste food".



I ordered the same thing that time, a simple cheese cake of Starbuck. That time, I believe is the worst cheese cake I ever tasted! It is dry and tasteless... I even found a piece of egg shell inside! Not just that, their food are mainly frozen food and I suspect that they keep them overnight! I don't mind if they put them in a refrigerator and "ting" them hot, but I do mind if they keep the food overnight! The price tag of their food isn't cheap, that makes me think that it is not worth it to eat overnight food with that price! Even Jusco or Giant or Tesco food won't keep overnight!

The 2nd worst cheese cake I ever eaten is from Honey Bakery! No doubt, their cakes were left overnight! Tastless and too sweet and dry! No need to mention too detail about the horrible experience in Honey Bakery! Their food is bad, service is bad, everything is bad! Too bad, it is the monopoly bakery in Kulim! People have no choice but to suffer eating their horrible cakes! 2 years ago, when I first visit Honey Bakery, I had some severe diarrhea. 2nd time visit, they serve me a strawberry bubble milk tea with peanut flavor! What a bad combination! I told the waiter about the milk tea, they not even make a new one for me! Which leads me to boycott Honey Bakery over 2 years.


After 2 years... Who had improved?
Ok, moment of truth! I visited Honey Bakery yesterday to have a cheese cake.... SAME OLD HORRIBLE cheese cake! They looks nice, looks moist, but don't get fooled! They have coat it with sugar syrup! In fact, they are dry and tasteless! This is a baked cheese cake, so it should be naturally have a glazed brownish cake surface. They should be moist and soft. This cheese cake by Honey Bakery, it do looks yummy, just look at the picture, you will get fooled by their sugar syrup trick! Disappointment! I even starve myself and this is the first meal of my day, but I can't even swallow the cake because it is too hard and is choking me! Honey Bakery NEVER improved!

Now, I'm at Starbuck. Before that, I have had my meal at Black Canyon Cafe. So I'm not that hungry. But Starbuck really surprise me! I ordered the similar cheese cake (similar to the one I tried at Honey Bakery), it taste GREAT! The natural glazed cake surface, no sugar syrup trick! Needless to say, It's a great improvement! I still remember their cakes were hard and dry as worst as Honey Bakery back then 2 years ago. I do notice that they display less food on the refrigerator compare to 2 years ago. Less choice with better quality food is still a good approach. I always stress on food quality as an important aspect.

2 years of time, Starbuck improved their food quality, but Honey Bakery failed to do so. It is definitely a failure on this local franchise. Customer comments do play and important role on the improvement! We can't stay on the current situation for long. Honey Bakery may have been successfully monopolize Kulim confectionery market, but it won't be long. With the competition from Secret Recipe is so low and limited, I believe once other bakery set foot in Kulim, Honey Bakery will face the great challenge. Previous competitor Dairy at Kulim Landmark failed to compete just because their cakes quality are as worst as Honey Bakery. The only great competitor I can suggest would be Sayang, but I think they just set foot at Kulim as supplier role. 

Starbuck VS Honey Bakery: For worst Cheese Cakes: Malaysia Win!!! LOL...

2 comments: