Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Differences of Vegetarianism

Today, I visited my favorite restaurant, Master Choo again. Although, I'm now keeping a no-meat diet, I still eat eggs and sometimes, some fish. I only eat meat when there is some special occasion such as back to hometown. The dish I ordered today is the stir fry mushroom and black fungus, serve with pumpkin and rice. No meat involved, except the egg tart and the sambal paste do have shrimps on it. 


It's all about the mushroom! What do you think? If really want to trace back to the old days when I was in primary school, I was told that mushrooms are not plants but they are fungi... When I search wikipedia, now they even have more categories which I won't want to think about it... (good bye biology! I prefer calculus...) Our Indian admin, Miss Kana, told us that there's Indian who follow strict vegetarian diets actually do not eat mushrooms at all! While their vegetarian rules are following their religious teachings. 

As a Christian, I follow ovo-lacto vegetarianism, which I consume eggs and dairy products. Also including mushrooms, garlic, shallots, chili, honey, yeast and alcohol. This dish from Master Choo, is actually contain some Chinese rice wine. Besides, I also started not to use any animal skin products... not to mention, my old purse is a PU, not real leather.

Sometimes, it is hard to explain why I keep such diet, since from wikipedia, vegans do not have relatively better longevity compare to meat-eater. It is not about religion either, not about animal welfare. That is why, I am ok with meat-eater, and also ok with vegans.

For me, vegetarianism is a lifestyle! It's an option! It's like a fashion... like some girls in Harajuku prefer to become a Ganguro, or Gothic Lolita or stay traditional... It's all up to me, want to follow what kind of diet. 

Don't tell me when you are eating yogurt, your brain is thinking about that you're trying to torturing the yeasts... That's way too illusive... Mwahaha... yeast, I'm biting you! That's sick.... (=.=)""" Question, what do you think about those fake synthetic meat which is so commonly used in most of the vegetarian dishes? For example: fake fish, fake shrimp, fake chickens.... etc... Then, why are people so excited about fake eggs? If fake eggs from China is such a horrifying thing, then how about those?

No comments:

Post a Comment