Saturday, January 1, 2011

48HoChiak! Bamboo Grove Vegetarian (Kulim)

Bamboo Grove Vegetarian (Kulim)
Location: Taman Selasih, Kulim.
48HoChiak Level: 7/10
Cuisine: Vegetarian/Chinese
What's Best: Moncherry Cafe!
Price Range:RM3++

When it comes to vegetarian food, most of the vegetarian restaurant are Buddhist concept. The best vegetarian dishes I ever ate is actually canteen in Unisem, Ipoh! Yes, the canteen in my previous work place! During the time I work there, I was a full vegetarian! Their food is too good until I totally forgot about meat. Fried seaweed, fried mushrooms, fried fuchuk, saute vege... etc... all simple vegetarian dishes without 'synthetic' meat. 

How about Kulim? I think the only place good enough to have a nice vegetarian food would be Bamboo Grove Cafe. They are not the best I ever visited, but definitely better. The environment is not strongly Buddhism, which I do feel comfortable with (I'm Christian) They do use fake meat in their recipe, and have very limited choice. They do not have new menu, over 3 years staying in Kulim, and visiting Bamboo Grove several times, I never really saw any new items added in their menu. Even the "special" dish is no longer special. 


Then why am I still recommend this place? Most other vegetarian restaurant here in Kulim doesn't really serves nice dishes. Their main customers are monks and some people who practicing vegetarian every 1st and 15th day of the lunar month. Thus, they do not border much about the food quality. While Bamboo Grove is the only vegetarian restaurant in the town which serve some quality food.






Bamboo Grove only open during the lunch and the dinner time. Sometimes, the restaurant is closed without prior notice. Their food quality might degrade during peak hours due to crowds. Overall, the food is nice!


My favorite drink would be Moncherie Latte! It's a coffee drink with cherry flavor! Their fried rice and tomyam dishes are great too.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment