Monday, January 24, 2011

48HoChiak! Homemade Mini Cinnamon Rolls!

I love cinnamon rolls! But my mom hates the scent of the cinnamon! The ingredients are simple! I'm making simple cinnamon rolls. If you love fancy fancy stuffs, you may add raisins, almonds... etc.

Ingredients:

Dough:
- 1tbs Milk Powder
- 3tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 A Grade Egg
- Half packet of yeast
- A bit more than 50g Salted Butter (So that we don't need to add salt to the dough mixture)
- Plain Flour
- Some Wheat Bran
- Some water not more than a cup

The reason I do not have a fix mixture of flour water is because different weather might change the humidity and the dough texture can be controlled. I normally add all the wet ingredient first and then control the amount of flour to get the consistency. This "attitude" is so similar with my dad! LOL! My brother once question him, why is that he do not have a fixed recipe for his noodle dough. This is how he answered my brother. It just make the whole dough making process to be an art, not to be bounded by rules! And I see the beauty of it. Anyways, just mix the dough until even and soft and not so sticky. You may refer to other bread dough recipe if you really need more idea about the consistency of the dough.

Fillings:
- 4tbs Cinnamon powder
- 8tbs Brown Sugar
- Some Soft Butter

Just spread the butter over the rolled dough and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon powder mixture on the dough. Roll over the dough, cut it and put it in the tray. Cover the tray and let the bun rise around 15 minutes, while in the same time, you may heat up the oven. They have a "bake mode" in most of the ovens, I'm not sure of the temperature. I put the rolls in the oven and baked 10 minutes. The surface burnt, I guest I have put the tray too near to the heating element.




Why there is yellowish colour? I've used brown sugar! That's why!

No comments:

Post a Comment