Thursday, November 18, 2010

Boston Recipe @ Kulim

New Shop! Boston Recipe @ Kulim Hi-Tech Park!
Location: Kulim Hi-Tech Park, Kulim.
48HoChiak Level:
5/10
Cuisine: Chinese
What's Best:
???
Price Range:
RM7++ ~ RM25++ depends on dishes.


I'm sorry for the photo quality, I didn't bring my camera so I just use my CSL handphone to capture them.

The shop is just far far opposite away from the OldTown Cafe! And I'm so happy about it! Not that it's another chain restaurant, but it's because OldTown finally have a competitor! Yay! I totally hate OldTown Kulim! All due to my bad experience last year, ever since, I have boycott OldTown!

What happened to OldTown that makes me so so so dislike them? Last year, I was alone, visiting OldTown, I ordered their new springy noodle soup, which in the advertisement and menu, are shown as slightly yellowish soup base... they served me a brown soup and it's not even hot!!! I suspect that they've making the dry kolomee incorrectly and then they just put soup over the noodle... So I told the waiter about it, but he just take the bowl back, put it in the microwave and have them re-heated for me. OMG, my question is, why is the soup brown and got the heavy dark soy sauce taste when the dish I ordered supposed to be in clear yellowish soup as shown in the menu photos? The second time I ask, he ask me to leave and told me that I don't have to pay for it. KANASAI! I take out my hp and tried to take the photo of the noodle soup, and luckily I got one before that waiter quickly took away the bowl. Kao sai punya OldTown!


Anyways, that happened last year... and I was totally happy that OldTown is now with a new competitor around. Boston Recipe!!! Don't tell me they are under same boss please! I ordered a vegetarian rice, 四大天王. It actually just taste so-so, compare to Master Chu, I think Master Chu is still better than Boston Recipe. However, Master Chu's version is not all vegetarian because they use sambal (dried shrimp paste) and it taste spicy. Oh, Master Chu, I should blog about them, they have some nice egg tarts too.



Hmm... back to Boston Recipe... nothing new, nothing special, definitely more choice than OldTown! Oh, the food is just normal in taste, and I don't like those "ajinomoto soup" comes with every dish ordered. I think it's totally waste of resources. Yeah, most restaurant gives similar soup, I would prefer they give some simple clear soup for that. The coffee just taste ok... everything ok... hmmm ok... that's all. Comments are very much appreciated!

Hey hey, here's some updated photos with better quality!




View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment