Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thaipussam at KL

Although its a holiday in KL, most of the KL people went to Batu Caves for Thaipussam celebration. Left the city center quite pleasant, and the best of it, no traffic jam! The Shopping centers are not so crowded as it should be. Thus, best for window shopping. 

At first, we went to Sunway Giza, there's nothing much to see. Not even for food hunting! The buildings are nice though, especially Full House restaurant is there, and also Saloon 17, the restaurant which I poorly rated previously! I'm still angry about the 3 medium size prawns,4 squid calamari, and a piece of lettuce spaghetti which cost me RM17.90 not including tax. Thus, we decide not to dine in any of the restaurant there. 


So we head to Pavilion Mall at Bukit Bintang. I was "amazed", shock and couldn't believe my own eyes! What had happened? Such high class shopping mall in the largest city of Malaysia, and their car parking system doesn't even have those parking lots sensors? And the parking fee here is way higher than the malls in Penang! (Both Queensbay and Gurney Plaza and even my company's car parks in Penang have those sensors to help use finding empty lots)


Enough complains, we have a great shopping and food hunting at the Tokyo Street. There's a huge lantern decoration, reminds me on the Asakusa Temple. Overall, not bad!




So we had our dinner at Cafe Takahashi, serving some fusion style pasta. The price of the pasta is at RM21.90, with a portion just right, lots of mushrooms, olives, and 6 medium size prawns for the fettuccine. While the scallop asparagus spaghetti looks good too, in the same price. 7/10 taste great and it's in Pavilion! I have to revise my review for Saloon 17, giving it 1/10 instead.



I've tried some sweets at the Tokyo Street, macaroon and meringue cookies. They are same type of sweets, made of egg whites and sugar, but macaroons have better texture and has some almond taste compare to the all sugar meringue. If you dislike sweets, better not try it!

I forgotten this delicious Daibu Mee near Salak South area. Next time I'll ask more info about it! :P That's all for my KL trip! Hope to have holiday again... T.T it's going to be far far away.

2 comments:

  1. i love macarons!! Check out my blog about macarons http://junetan84.blogspot.com/2011/12/macaron-whisk-espresso-bar-bake-shop.html

    if u can u try to bake yourself.. very easy.. i don't have tools to bake if not i already bake liao >.<


    how much is your macarons? expensive ma?

    ReplyDelete
  2. >_< very expensive! RM3 per piece. Actually they are not that easy to bake lar. I tried b4, failed. The problem is it unable to rise well. The part where really test the baking skills is the "folding" process. It's hard to mix ingredients without deflating the stiff egg whites. Hehe, if you wanna bake, must belanja me makan oh!

    ReplyDelete