Thursday, February 2, 2012

Half Valentine's Day Bento 2012

Since I'm still single, it should be made half. Actually, I think the Japenese Valentine's Day culture is very nice and romantic. The girls have to hand made something for a guy. Here in Malaysia, the we normally celebrate it by with the guy buying a bunch of overly priced flowers and send it to the girl's office or work place with a letter of invitation to an expensive dinner at some high class restaurant. While I prefer the Japanese (Anime/Manga) way.

From some random manga classics:
So It's Valentine's Day, the girl carefully make a lovely bento for the day having a picnic at the garden nearby (local gardens at Japan are all clean and beautiful and cozy, not like those in... ya know what I mean). So she cuts everything in heart shape, carefully roll everything and decorates it nicely. Of course, there will be lots of extra parts of the food left. She throw all of them into her stomach, and that's her meal of the day. She happily dress herself nicely, and went on to her picnic date. The guy saw the beautiful bento, and he ate it. He said, "It's delicious, why not you have some too!" She gracefully replied, "I've ate at home, just let me watch your cute face while you eat." 

Ok, I know, I wasn't a good writer, probably somebody will get goose bumps reading my blog. But there's something very meaningful here. A girl who will take all the leftovers and keep the best for her love one. That's the most romantic Valentine's Day gift ever. For my bento, I cut out the dragon fruit using heart shape cookie mold, then I throw the extra parts into my stomach. Of course, after taking the photo, I ate the bento myself. LOL





So the Japanese Valentine's Day is all about a girl showing her love to a guy! They have another Valentine's Day on 14th March, called White Day, is the day where the guys have to make something triple as good as the gift he received on 14th Febuary. So there's a come and go. Both have given something, and receive something. It's like my ideal love story, like the Gifts of Magi. 

With Love ~ Soo Huey

Oh, the pink plum paste mix with wasabe, taste really awesome with the sweet tamago!

2 comments:

  1. Ya.. japan very popular with white day.. I love your bento.. very nice eh.. hand made.. sure a lot kung fu work inside... Sweet.. which ever guy recieving sure very hang fuk.. hehehehe xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... ya lor, still waiting for the "victim"... :P

    ReplyDelete