Friday, February 3, 2012

Brandy Konnyaku Coated by Dark Chocolate

So today is still in Vday mood. Dreaming about the scenes in the common Hong Kong drama....

From some common HK drama:
So the day is Valentine's Day, the girl went to work as usual. During the office working hour, the delivery boy came with a big bouquet of roses, calling for her name. With all the attentions she gets, she gracefully signed and checklist, and said "Aiya, I already told him not to waste so much money on flowers, he still bought it, haiz, really a difficult person." with a smile on her face, in front of all her colleagues. Colleague A, will reply: "Wah, you mah good lar, got rich boy friend, buy you expensive flowers. Sure you no need to work and become siu lai lai in future lar.". And colleague B will said: "Aiyo, I'm still single. I wish one day I can find a guy as good as your boy friend lor". Then the girl open the letter, and exclaim loudly: "Tzek, haiz, he even reserved a table at XXX restaurant wor. I already told him tonight I'll need to work OT."

Ok, that's all for the Hong Kong style Valentine's Day. I believe many people reading it would feel like wanna puke. Well, that's how it happens for the Hong Kong style Chinese people here in Malaysia too. Expensive flowers and expensive dinner. 

Ok, here's today's dessert. Though the recipe is a failure. Brandy Konnyaku Coated by Dark Chocolate is my latest invention! Yay! Too bad, the surface of the konnyaku is too wet, the chocolate doesn't stick well on it. The size of the chocolate is too big. 


 I only use the Cap Crocodile Brandy in the middle. It's a local wine made in Penang. So it's relatively cheap. After cooking, the Brandy still have it's pleasant flavor. I'm not expert in these type of liquor, I play better using Chinese wine. The result of Brandy + Dark Chocolate is really good. Overall, due to the chocolate unable to stick on the wet konnyaku surface, I have to spoon on the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment