Sunday, May 1, 2011

Healthy Heart Bread

Edit: I think the recipe might have some laxative effect. The next day I ate the bread, I poop twice. It's not diarrhea the stools looks normal. But I think I still need to state out some warnings here, red yeast rice is a type of Chinese medicine and it was known to be harmful to pregnant woman. So be caution! 
Happy holiday! I didn't went to KL after considering many many useless reasons. Burnt my AA flight ticket! LOL. So I spend some nice quiet time at home, reading books, watching documentaries and baking things I like to eat. Here's one nice recipe.



Actually, it is "Sugar free, fat free, high fiber, read yeast rice, wheat bran bread". So here are the basic ingredients:
  • 5g dried yeast,
  • 1 table spoon powder red yeast rice
  • 1 table spoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1 pinch of bread softener
  • 1 pinch of bread improver
  • 1 cup wheat bran
  • 1 cup high protein flour*
  • 3/4 cup water*
* Add water or high protein flour according to the dough texture condition.

Basically, all you need to do it add everything in and knead the dough until soft and smooth. There are a lot of detail about the bread making procedure such as, add the water and yeast to let them bubble and wake up... etc. for me, those steps are just like making things complicated. I never really follow those techniques seriously but still able to get soft and nicely rise bread.

After mixing the dough, let the dough sit for 15 minutes, cover it to avoid the surface to dry out. After 15 minutes, punch the dough to release some air. Let it sit another 15 minutes. While waiting, you may preheat the oven for 2 minutes. The preheat step depends on your oven size. If you have big oven, you might need to preheat it longer time. 

Bake the bread at over 300 degree for 35 minutes. Then, take the bread out and cool it down with a slightly wet towel cover the top of the bread. Done! Ready to serve! 

I've spread some cream cheese and sugar free orange marmalade on top of it. The plain bread might taste a bit bitter due to the read yeast rice, overall, it's just great! Better than Gardenia! LOL. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment