Saturday, May 7, 2011

Healthy Coloured Bread

This is actually the Alfalfa Chlorophyll Rye Wheat Bran Bread. The mixing ingredient is just similar to any other bread, just adding up rye flour and wheat brand with some sugar. Since rye flour is gluten free, adding some sugar is crucial to avoid the bread become bitter in taste. I did try to make it sugarless, and it ended up bitter in taste! I believe that the yeast need sugar to do its job, thus, this bread doesn't really rise very well. 

Ingredients:
3/4 cup water
5g dry yeast
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/2 cup rye flour
1 cup high protein flour
1 table spoon liquid alfalfa chlorophyll
pinch of salt
1/4 cup sugar

Again, it's about mixing all the ingredient together, knead the dough until it reach the texture at the same time, adding water or flour to get the right texture. Since rye bread is normally dense and the yeast doesn't really rise very well, I only proof the dough once (40 minute) and I didn't punch the dough. I did that cause I want the bread to be fluffy and more airy and less dense as most of the rye bread is. 

Bake the bread for 40minutes, don't worry if the surface gets dark, as long as it's not burnt out, rye bread do look darker than normal white bread. 

About the liquid alfalfa chlorophyll, I use the one from NHF. Got some really nice colour, and it doesn't smell heavily grassy. I want to show you what else I found in the NHF store at Queensbay Mall, the red yeast rice sauce! It'll be my mom's gift! I haven't try this sauce yet, but it'll make the cooking process easier! * Red yeast rice is not recommended for pregnant woman. I like NHF store very much, they have wide variety of organic raw ingredients sold in reasonable price.


No comments:

Post a Comment