Thursday, December 30, 2010

48HoChiak! Cameron Highland 老字号饭店

Cameron Highland 老字号饭店

Location: Brinchang, Cameron Highland.
48HoChiak Level: 8/10
Cuisine: Chinese
What's Best: Buttermilk Pumpkin!!
Price Range:RM8++

Love vege? Cameron Highland could be the food heaven for all the vegetarian out there! I'm serious! With various of fresh vegetables, it can be eaten raw and still taste great!


 Steamboat is the popular dish here. There's a lot of places serving steamboat. However, not all prepare nice dishes. You see, Cameron Highland is a place of tourism, and it means that most restaurant will prepare the food simply for tourist, it means that they won't care much about the food taste and quality! Yeah, old trick, new tourist will come again and again.

It is very hard to find nice food here if you aren't aware of it. Here comes the rule of thumb, visit only the restaurant which is with a lot if customers and no waiters waving outside asking you to sit in their restaurant! Why? It is very true, I visited Cameron Highland twice.The first time, i was so reluctant to queue and wait in a crowded restaurant, so I choose to sit in a restaurant with a friendly waiter asking me to go inside. At the end, I regret, the food they serves really is the worst food and it is pricey. The next time when i visit again, I choose to wait and I get the best authentic Cameron Highland fresh vege! 

So I visited this restaurant 老字号饭店, which the restaurant don't have Malay name. They serves very nice pumpkin dishes. Some of them, you have to pre-order since it takes some time to prepare. 


They serve both vegetarian and non-vege dishes. They do have wide variety of vegetarian dishes, and they do taste great! I love the butter milk pumpkin so much that I've decided to make the dish myself at home! The pumpkins are cut into wedges, fried and the butter milk gravy with chillies are poured to the fried pumpkin. Delicious! Their dishes mostly are vegetarian.



I only able to find their website here: http://foodjalan.com/food/537
For other nice restaurant at Cameron Higland, try You Hoo Seafood Restaurant at the Brinchang area. There's a lot of other restaurant there (near KFC), but most are not nice and beware of the waiters asking you to go inside their restaurant. You Hoo might be a little bit crowded, but they won't have waiters asking you go inside, they serves nice food too, which is totally worth waiting for.


Here is the Butter Milk Pumpkin my mom and I tried to re-make. It taste great! Thanks to my amazing mom who able to make any dishes without recipe!

1 comment: