Friday, November 16, 2012

Pantang Business

This week went back to Teluk Intan with my brother. We chat a lot about family, life, career, business, finance...etc. We both have a very different view on everything.

Blog about my parent's business, they sell wonton mee and noodle soup. They own two units of stall space not far away from the wet market. Its a small business, and we want it to be small and slow! Both me and my brother have our own career. The main purpose of my family business is to have something for my parents to do, socialize with people, and continue to calculate the numbers to make their brain stays active.

Thus, they found a very pantang location. The rent is cheap, and people don't want to do business there because the place was just opposite of the Taoism funeral ceremony site. People hesitate to visit and eat there, many food stall failed in the business. Plus, my family selling non-vegetarian. We all expect that if we have our business here, my parents will have more relaxing time since less people will visit. As long as they have something to do, it is okay to have a non-profitable business.

However, things doesn't turn out to be the way we wanted to be... Everytime I went back, the stall always crowded with customers. It doesn't make sense. We know that our parents make some very tasty noodles, and they tag them in reasonable price. They do so, because they just wish to make some old constant (almost permanent) customers, or should  be called - friends, to feel happy to have a meal.

It's true that people 'pantang' to sit and dine at our place. People will still come and order a take away. Some order dine in, but sit far away from our stall. And the people who attend the funeral, will just choose to sit and dine at our place. In the end, our stall is always crowded.

This is not the first business by my parents. When we were young, they once started a restaurant at a very 'Ong' location. They choose a nice shop lot with a very 'Huat' numbers. All the Feng Shui expert says it will be the best location of all... It turns out to be a failure... Until now, that location is still slow and unable to 'Huat' after many changes of ownership.

Feng Shui doesn't mean anything in business... The location is 'Huat' or 'Pantang', as long as you make some really good product, people will discover it and come to it.

I've told my brother that I've gave up the desire to persue a Master Degree. The reason is, I want to focus on learning the knowledge without burden of assignments. After all, with or without the Toilet Paper, I believe as long as I provide great contribution, people will discover and come to me. Same concept as my parent's wonton mee.

A bowl of noodle, if you package it, decorate it, put it on sale at a fancy location, if it is not tasty, people will go away. A bowl of noodle soup, with humble presentation, sold at a 'Pantang' location, soon, more and more people will come, just because it is tasty!

4 comments:

  1. Asvoria! I so agree with you! When you gonna invite me to makan wantanmee? it's my fave, hohohoho.. make me terliur *slurp* btw, how do I follow u using wordpress ah? i'm quitting my BlogSpot oh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper is a step stone for you to move on. It's doesn't mean if u have Master Degree then u're number 1 in the world. Everyday is a learning process, life full of challenge.. don't let the paper tie down your time. I believe if u're hardworking WITHOUT a cert u also can be a sucessful people. Don't friend.. I support u always. Go on with your dreams! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 Признаков Дырявой кишки
    У здоровых людей слизистая желудочно-кишечного тракта является лишь слегка проницаемой, чтобы только некоторые питательные вещества могли проходить.
    Дырявый кишечник (также известный как синдром дырявой кишки, синдром проницаемого кишечника или раздраженного кишечника) – это поврежденный кишечник с открытыми большими отверстиями из-за чего большие молекулы, такие как пищевые белки, бактерии и продукты отходов могут проходить через эти отверстия.

    Источник 1
    Источник 2
    Источник 3
    Источник 4
    Источник 5

    Такие молекулы наносят ущерб всему организму, вызывая симптомы, которые, казалось бы, даже не связанные с кишечником. Синдром дырявого кишечника имеет такие симптомы:
    Непереносимость пищевых продуктов
    Один из пяти взрослых сообщают о пищевой непереносимости. Тем не менее, истинное число, как полагают, значительно выше. Происходит это потому, что симптомы пищевой чувствительности довольно разнообразны и неспецифичны.
    Пищевая непереносимость также известна как пищевая аллергия типа В, ведь она происходит в ответ на усвоение неподходящего пищевого продукта или напитка. Так как механизмы в основе этого типа чувствительности к пище, еще до конца не понятны, часто считается виноватым именно дырявый кишечник.

    ReplyDelete