Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hunting for Thai Food in Singapore Part 4: Food Republic

Initially, I was looking for a restaurant named Siam Kitchen at Causeway Point. That was what my 'Guna Pun Sesat' recommends me for Thai food in Singapore. However, they had closed their shop and moved to somewhere else. To satisfy my craving for Thai food, I found one at Food Republic!



This particular Thai stall actually have variety of  Thai dishes available.


The Thai food stall named Rama9, I have some low expectation over the food in shopping mall food court, but this one is not really disappointing at all. The Tom Yum soup taste good. Not the best, but just good enough, compare to Thai Express and Soup Broth Asia, this one by Rama9 is way better! I like that they included a fried omelet with the Tom Yum Soup set. It taste good when it dip into the soup. The thing which is not good is, the seafood is not cooked together with the soup, and the rice is normal white rice, not the fragrant Thai rice.
 
 
While the Tod Mun Pla they serve, is not nice at all, its like normal fish cake. The Som Tum is not nice also, they didn't put in the dried shrimp flakes.
 


 The overall, consider location, environment etc... it's a little pricey for this quality of food.

Tom Yum - 3/10
Omelet - 6/10
Tod Mun Pla - 3/10
Som Tum - 3/10

 Overall x4896 Tasty Rating: 4/10
 

2 comments:

  1. Thai Fish Cake always a good idea, I wonder they have chicken feet skin on their menu, miss that ! Food Republic also in KL, nice choices here too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm, I ate once before Food Republic in One Utama PJ. Roasted chicken rice was so so only.. yet it's expensive

    ReplyDelete